History of Wandee Culinary Technological College
Established on August 12th, 1993 by Professor Dr. Wandee Na Songkhla and approved by the Ministry of Education as the Thailand’s first college conducting One-Stop Home Economics Program, Wandee Culinary Technological College aims at promoting food and home economics professions nationwide and worldwide, ensuring the successful learners are capable of self-sustaining by means of employing the acquired knowledge, and inheriting the culture of Thai food for the future generation. More importantly, trusted by the public sector, we conduct the training sessions of Thai food cookery under the project known as “Thai’s Kitchen to the World’s Kitchen” for those keen on food businesses in Thailand and other nations. In addition, licensed by the Department of Skill Development under the Ministry of Labor, we founded “Wandee Kitchen Craft Testing Center” as a passport to success for those determined to work in restaurants overseas. Students who have passed the test will obtain English certificates issued by the Department of Skill Development, Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare, to certify their professional qualifications in domestic and international employment.
Approved by Ministry of Education, Wandee Culinary Technological College proffers vocational and higher vocational certificates in two lines: food & nutrition and food business, under Food and Nutrition Program. The objective is to produce quality human resources who will in the future become chefs, nutritionists, community developers, food exporters, catering service managers, event organizers, TV hosts, food stylists, et cetera. The program places a greater emphasis on enhancing the students’ knowledge and skills for their future profession. The program comprises theoretical and practical modules, the latter conducted in state-of-the-art, fully equipped culinary rooms. Additionally, students are provided with opportunities to learn and practice their skills at the real sites of multiple leading food businesses including hotels, airlines, exhibition centers, event organizers, educational institutes, hospitals, et cetera. The students are in the learning environment designed to facilitate their potential development, enabling them to learn by doing in the work-while-study scheme. Following Thailand’s commitment to ASEAN Community in 2015, Wandee Culinary Technological College’s provision of internship places for the students is central to our mission to truly top ‘the Thai food industry in the global kitchen”.
Build Thai Youth as the Food and Hospitality Management Professionals at the International Level
VISION: Build Thai Youth as the Food and Hospitality Management Professionals at the International Level
- In preparation for the international programs offered to the current and future students, all of the college’s personnel must gain supports in learning and strengthening their English language proficiency.
- The academic and vocational communities at the national and international levels must be established so as to allow the students to be engaged in and advance their professional development.
- The college’s internal assurance system is created to build trusts in our educational quality.
- We advocate our students to be of the culinary profession both domestically and internationally.
- We research and develop the innovative, culinary technology to meet the international standard.
About our director
Professor Dr. Wandee Na Songkla Biography
- Having been awarded a vocational degree and a diploma in food and nutrition from Faculty of Home Economics Technology, Rajamangala University of Technology
- Having obtained a bachelor’s degree in Home Economics Education from Suan Dusit University and a diploma of Modern Marketing Management 26th from Faculty of Commerce and Accountancy, Chulalongkorn University
- Having obtained a Honorary Doctorate Degree in Science (Food Processing and Culinary Science Faculty of Science and Technology, Rajamangala University of Technology Rattanakosin
- In 1956, a lecturer at Hatyai Technical College
- Between 1961 and 1985, appointed as Associate Professor at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon Chotivej
- In 1982, bestowed with Thai Royal Decoration: Knight Grand Cross (First Class) of the Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- A guest speaker (until now) at Royal Traditional Thai Crafts School for Women (Pratumnuk Suankularb) in the Grand Palace under a project of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn
- An invited consultant for nationally and internationally renowned hotels (the private sector) such as Chaweng Resort, Samui Island, Surathani Province, and Kings Hotel, Melaka, Malaysia
WANDEE THAI COOKING SCHOOL
In 1993, Professor Wandee Na Songkla set up Wandee Thai Cooking School with the aim of giving opportunities to those (regardless of age and educational background) who are interested in culinary profession and home economics but unable to afford themselves in vocational public institutes. Approved by Office of Private Education Commission, Ministry of Education, the short and long term curricula are committed to meeting the requirements of the labor market and learners. For the purpose of ensuring all of the learners acquire the complete knowledge domain, the curricula include 300-hour Thai cuisine craftsmanship, Thai cuisine, Thai vegetable and fruit carving, flower arrangement, garland making, and even restaurant budgeting. All successful students will obtain certificates for their domestic and international employment. In 2002, Wandee Thai Cooking School was appointed as a ‘Kitchen Skill Testing Center’ by Department of Skill Development, Ministry of Labor. In addition, the school was selected by National Food Institute (the Public Sector) to conduct Thai cuisine classes in Taiwan under Project ‘Thai Kitchen to the World’s Kitchen’.
Awards and Achievements
Professor Dr. Wandee Na Songkla was bestowed with a myriad of awards and made honorable contributions to
- Thai royals: His Late Majesty King Bhumipol Adulyadej, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn, and Her Royal Highness Princess Soamsawali, the Princess Sudhanarinat
- Ministry of Industry (Thailand), Ministry of Commerce, international organizations in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Taiwan and others
- Hungary Embassy and Bangladesh Embassy
- A collection of Thai literature cookbooks from the literary work by King Rama II, V, and VI
- Wandee’s Book Set
- Book titled ‘Thai Favorites to World’s Kitchen’ in three languages: Thai, English, and Japanese